Monday, July 21, 2014

Celebrate Yourself

I made a promise to myself when I started my Mary Kay business that I would give it my all and try to make it a success. I was feeling like I needed a change and I was looking for something I could claim for myself. I thought, I'm sure I can make time for this - how hard can selling makeup be? Boy was I wrong. It was only after starting my business that I realized how busy I really am.

In the moment, it feels like I'm a hamster on a wheel. Every day is about the same and I feel like, at some point, I'm going to fall off. But, at the same time, every day is rewarding and every day has new adventures. I owe that, at the moment, to my daughter. She keeps us on our toes and reminds us to appreciate the little things. I don't want to miss one second of the precious time we get to spend together and, by the end of the day, I wonder where the time went and perpetually move working my business to tomorrow's list.

Being a mom helps me push myself to live in the now, and it's helped me in so many ways in all aspects of my life, but it doesn't encourage time alone. I feel guilty taking it and so there's never time set aside for it. I'm still trying to find that balance of family time and me time. It occurs to me that this is really the plight of mother's everywhere: finding a way to rid ourselves of the guilt of taking some time to nurture or pamper or recharge ourselves.

That journey of finding my personal time is why I'm still struggling through getting my business off the ground. I want to find a way to feel at peace about disengaging from everything to self-reflect for a bit. For me, my business is about connecting with other women and feeling empowered. You feel good when you look good and that's a great step to bringing out the confident woman in all of us. I still want to see this journey through and I hope you'll join me for the ride.

Take some time for yourself and I'll help you celebrate! If you book a party in July or August, I'll double your hostess rewards! That means you'll get $150 (retail) of Mary Kay products for $70. And you can earn even more when 5 guests attend and when your friends book off of your party. Let's celebrate YOU and bring your friends along for the fun!

Peace & Love - A

No comments:

Post a Comment